From author Jerry Haller and illustrator Vera Thorton, comes a new childrens book: "The Adventures of Bucky Beaver." On sale now for $15.00, all proceeds benefit the Grand Blanc Education Foundation's teacher grants. To order, call 810-869-4496 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to The Bishop Trust for once again financing the Elementary School Holiday grants. Middle and High School Holiday Grants are provided by generous contributors just like you - who, through the Flint Classroom Support Fund, help enhance children's educations in the Flint Community Schools.
Your donation to the Flint Classroom Support Fund can make a world of difference in a student's education.
We thank you!
This community-based fund exists to provide teachers with the resources for special projects and learning experiences which are beyond the regular curriculum of our school system.
Past grants have provided:
- Social Studies and Science kits
- Musical Instruments
- Field trips including Flint Children's Museum, Flint Institute of Arts, Flint Public Library, and Sloan Museum
-Dome theater from Longway Planetarium in all elementary schools
- Computers and software for classrooms
- Community presentations featuring music, arts and crafts
- Kits to grow and nurture caterpillars into butterflies
- Restoration of two school greenhouses
- Publication of a special need cookbook
- Research including a project interviewing grandparents to record the history and culture of families in Flint